Pre and Post Housing Counseling Specialist Certificate | 6 Hours CE ($25)
May 18 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
A diversely trained real estate practitioner realizes that incorporating housing counseling can help ensure that millions of homebuyers and homeowners be able to manage their responsibilities of homeownership more successfully.
Integrating housing counseling into the residential marketplace, you can assess buyers and renters’ readiness for homeownership. Also, you can help support current homeowners with information and resources to make informed decisions that support long-term homeownership sustainability. This “added-value” platform results in expanding and protecting homeownership.
Education and Counseling as a Pre- and Post Housing Counselor, you will able to identify barriers to homeownership that the buyer may face, assist homeowners with financial and housing issues and connect them with a local HUD-approved housing counseling firm for various solutions.
Your training program includes:
- Credit Analysis: Reviewing the buyer’s “AnnualCreditReport.com” credit report and identifying steps to improve or correct credit
- Budget Basics: Creating a household budget to help develop a spending and saving plan that will enable the buyer to purchase and maintain a home
- Homeownership Planning: Designing the buyer’s plan for housing affordability and sustainability
- The Buying Process: Understanding the offer process, negotiating, the due diligence period through closing
- Mortgage Planning: Preparing for the mortgage loan process
- Post-Home Education and Counseling: Credit management and home sustainability
- Loan Servicing: Avoiding delinquency and foreclosure
Your course will provide a wide range of information, interactive tools, practical strategies and more – all designed to promote financial literacy in achieving and enjoying the American dream of homeownership.