New Construction Home Buying Process | 3 Hours CE or Post License
November 4 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Building or purchasing new construction is usually more complicated and intimidating than buying a resale home. When buying new construction, the buyer is presented with lots of paperwork that spells out the builder’s obligations along with identifying details of components and features of customization designed by the buyer.
In general, builders’ model homes are staffed by trained new construction agents who work directly for and represent the builder. Today’s homebuyer should use a real estate practitioner to represent them and looks after their best interests. Get an overview of the steps for home construction .
- The pre-construction process
- Blueprints and plans and specs
- Multiple walk-throughs
- Factors that influence builder pricing
- Energy efficiency products
- What are builder-issued credits?
- What are standard finishes versus quality options?
- Earnest money and quality option deposit
- Model Home – What you see isn’t always what you get.
- What warranties are provided – What does it not cover?
- Various contract details that you do not want to miss.
Not having a strategy, the right team, and the right education could cost you tens of thousands of dollars in the purchase process. The most important thing to remember when buying new construction is to be proactive. Buyers should ask lots of questions, read all documents, and test every system and appliance in the home.
(This class will be live video streamed via Zoom. If you are not already familiar with the Zoom platform, please try and familiarize yourself prior to the class. Click here to contact us if you have any questions.)