Credit Update & Mortgage Approval – Post COVID-19 | 3 Hours CE
January 19 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
How easy is it to get approved for a mortgage in 2022?
According to the Federal Reserve, banks are loosening mortgage standards nationwide; and, lenders are now approving more applications than during any period this decade.
Lenders now treat credit card debt, medical collection accounts, and student loans, mortgage forbearance, post COVID-19 employment completely differently than they have in the past, which is challenging home buyers and refinancing households.
When lenders review your home loan application, they evaluate several criteria, such as your credit score, debt-to-income ratio, and maximum available down payment, as well as your job stability and history. Every applicant’s situation is different, of course, but these are the major factors we consider.
We will take a look at:
- New credit score changes
- New mortgage underwriting guidelines and loan limits
- New loan pre-qualification process
- New buzz words in the housing industry
- Affordability and sustainability
- Obtaining loan approval – how to maintain your pre-approval during housing hunting
- How to pay off your home less than 30 years
Let’s help the buyer know how much they can spend on a home so they can shop for homes within their price range and be ready for an offer negotiation.